Get ready for turkey day with a baby craft and quick & easy desserts.
This is going to be James’ first thanksgiving so I decided to team up with my favorite mama blogger friend Karen to do a cute baby craft and make some delish desserts for the entire family.
Karen has a 7 month old baby girl Layla Jane and she actually has an incredible vlog on YouTube “ Hey Mamas”. Make sure to subscribe to her channel to see all things motherhood and baby. Here’s a link to her channel Link.
To watch our full video on how to do the craft and make desserts click here https://youtu.be/nVAH_YkoEbk
Now let’s get to it!
1) Baby Turkey Craft
We made a turkey picture using our baby’s footprints! This is such a great keepsake or a perfect gift for grandparents.
The items you will need are:
• Paint brush
• Brown, yellow, red, and orange paint
• Googly eyes
• Paint brush
• Baby wipes (to clean with!)
1. Paint the bottom of your baby’s feet with brown paint.
2. Hold the foot and carefully press it onto the paper. Try to keep the foot as still as possible. If you are a perfectionist, you might want to fill in some of the space with more brown paint.
3. Glue on the eyes.
4. Glue on the nose (cut an orange triangle)
5. Cut out feathers from the construction paper and glue them around the turkey as the feathers.
Here is the final product:
Now let’s talk desserts! It’s hard finding time to bake and make fancy desserts as a mom. We found super quick and easy desserts that are turkey day approved.
2) No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna
This desert is sooooo delish! Even your guests who don’t like pumpkin pie will ask for seconds! Trust me.
• 1 pkg (8oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
• 1 cup (plus 2 tbsp) half and half cream cold
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 5 cups Cool Whip topping (thawed)
• 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust shortbread or gingersnap is also great
• 2 pkgs Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding 4-serving size
• 1 can (16oz) pure pumpkin I use E.D. Smith Brand (some brands are too runny)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ginger
• 1/4 tsp cloves
• Mix cream cheese, sugar and 2 tbsp half and half cream with wire whisk until smooth and NO lumps.
• Gently fold in 3 cups Cool Whip Topping. (make sure fully combined)
• Spread on bottom on pie crust. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread evenly)
• Pour 1 cup half and half cream into large mixing bowl, add both pkgs of vanilla pudding mix.
• Beat with wire whisk until blended 1 minute. (do not use mixer or it will get too thick and lumpy)
• Let stand 3 minutes.
• Stir in pumpkin and spices into pudding and mix well.
• Spread over cream cheese layer. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread carefully and evenly over pie, so layers don’t mix together).
• Top with 2 cups Cool Whip topping.
• Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours prior to serving
For additional tips and the full recipe go to Art and the Kitchen
3. Turkey Cupcakes
You have three options depending on how determined you are. Option #1 is make cupcakes from scratch, option #2 is make cupcakes using a store bought mix or option #3 is buying already made chocolate cupcakes.
We made some chocolate cupcakes using a store bought mix, and iced with chocolate frosting.
To decorate you will need:
⁃ Candy corn as feathers and nose
⁃ Candy eyes
That’s it! Super quick and easy!
4. Baby Thanksgiving Meal
You can blend turkey, pumpkin and potatoes to make your own baby food. Or if you already have too much going on prepping for thanksgiving, you can always buy some premade pumpkin baby food, and even some turkey. The little ones can participate in the feast as well!
There you have it, fun Thanksgiving crafts and desserts sure to please everyone! Don’t forget to subscribe and check out Hey Mamas.